Birmingham City University is one of the UK’s most dynamic places to study. They are a vibrant, multicultural university with around 23,500 students from 80 countries and offer an innovative and practical approach to teaching and learning.
The portfolio of excellent courses, investment in state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff and focus on practical skills and professional relevance are making them a first choice for students. BCU courses are highly practical and career focused, and many are accredited by professional bodies. This means that you’ll gain qualifications that are prized by employers, giving you an important advantage in the job market.
They’ve invested heavily in innovative technology to give our students the best possible preparation for their chosen careers. Facilities include a mock law court, a virtual radiography suite, broadcast studios, fashion workshops and a mock operating theatre.
BCU staff and student community is defined by core values, which outline who they are as a University and how they will work with each other.
BCU core values:
- Excellence – University takes pride in ensuring the highest quality standards of academic achievement and professional service delivery.
- People Focused – they value everyone, recognising that what we do is for the benefit of all those connected with the University.
- Partnership Working – BCU works with students and the wider University community to create strong and successful relationships.
- Fairness and Integrity – they also take a fair and balanced approach to our activities and are mindful of the impact of our actions.
Living in Birmingham means you’ll enjoy one of the UK’s most exciting and diverse cities, famed for its world-class restaurants, history, entertainment and shops.
Birmingham is home to more than one million people from a range of different cultures and ethnic groups, including the UK’s largest student population outside London.
Its friendly population is what makes Birmingham the dynamic, multicultural city that is – and also one of the largest cities in Europe offering a heady mix of galleries, music, restaurants and bars.
- Find out why the city is one of England’s top most visited places to shop.
- Whatever your tastes in music, you can be sure Birmingham will cater for you.
- The city’s nightlife is regarded as second to none, with a wide range of nights out to suit all budgets.
- If culture’s your thing, Birmingham won’t disappoint you.
- Serious about sport? Find out what the city has to offer.
Why choose halls of residence? (Please note there may be some minor variations on each campus!)
- 24/7 security personnel patrol the campuses.
- CCTV on all campuses.
- Heating in all rooms.
- Energy costs included in accommodation fees (some are capped in some partner provider halls and further charges could be incurred).
- Free basic package internet connection socket and wi-fi (upgrades are available).
- Accommodation staff available on all campuses during office hours.
- Central management of all University halls of residence by Accommodation Services.
- Accommodation Services’ commitment to quality.