The quality of French higher education is widely recognised throughout the world. Today, with more than 323,000 international students, France is the fourth most popular destination for internationally mobile students.
France benefits from a long tradition of scientific and technological research and innovation that underpins the nation’s achievements in fields such as aeronautics and space, transportation, electronics, telecommunications, chemistry, biotechnologies, health and mathematics.
With 75 universities, more than 220 schools of engineering, 150 schools of business and management, 120 public post-secondary schools of art, 20 schools of architecture, and 3,000 other specialised institutes and schools in specific sectors such as social work, health professions, tourism, sports, fashion, and design together represent an immense diversity of educational programmes that respond to the full spectrum of students’ academic and professional objectives.
The range of subjects taught in English is widening. More than 1,100 programmes in a variety of fields are now offered in English throughout France.
France invests substantial public funds in higher education. Degrees from France are equivalent regardless of the institution that grants them; and those degrees are recognised around the world.
In France, higher education programmes are grounded in accredited research laboratories or the knowledge of seasoned professionals: whatever your field of study, you will always be in contact with renowned experts. France’s universities and other educational institutions do not distinguish between international students and French students. Both groups face identical admission and tuition requirements; both receive the same degrees.
10 good reasons for studying in France:
- Postsecondary programmes subsidised and guaranteed by the French government
- Quality of higher education, adapted to students’ needs
- A sophisticated research enterprise
- A world-class economic power
- An environment favorable to innovation and to young entrepreneurs
- A pleasant and satisfying style of life in the heart of Europe
- The art of living ‘à la française’
- French, an international language
- An appealing destination for international students
- Advanced industries and international corporations that are leaders in their field
CHOOSE A UNIVERSITY IN FRANCE
REGISTRATION FOR CONSULTATIONS