Facts about the University of Alabama at Birmingham:
- U Alabama at Birmingham, founded in 1969, is a public university and medical center complex.
- UAB is an internationally renowned, public doctoral research university and academic health center.
- Programs are offered through the Schools of Arts and Humanities, Business, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Health-Related Professions, Medicine, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Nursing, Optometry, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Public Health.
- The 265-acre campus is located six blocks from downtown Birmingham.
- UA continues to be a leader among public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars. The 2020 freshman class includes 221 National Merit Scholars. Currently, UA has almost 800 National Merit Scholars enrolled.
- S. News and World Report ranks The University of Alabama’s Manderson Graduate School of Business No. 19 among public universities and its Online Business Master’s programs 10th in the nation.