Quick facts about Long Island University:
- LIU was founded in 1926 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Over the course of nine decades of academic excellence, LIU has become one of America’s largest comprehensive private universities, offering more than 500 academic programs across multiple campuses spanning the New York metropolitan area, overseas, and online.
- LIU is home to the world-renowned Tilles Center for the Performing Arts and the Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium, where supporters gather to cheer on the Sharks’ Division I athletic program.
- LIU Global offers a one-of-a-kind bachelor’s degree around the globe.
- Applicants for LIU Global should have a minimum 2.50 GPA to be considered for admission. Students who do not meet this requirement may be considered on a case-by-case basis dependent on supplementary materials (i.e. test scores, essays, personal interviews).
- In other words, a 1055 places you below average, while a 1240 will move you up to above average. There’s no absolute SAT requirement at LIU Post, but they really want to see at least a 1055 to have a chance at being considered.