Quick facts about Oregon University:
- Oregon state university was founded on October 27, 1868, Oregon, United States
- The 420-acre (170ha) main campus is located in Corvallis, in the Willamette Valley. In 1994, OSU was rated the safest campus in the Pac-10 in a study of universities
- Oregon State is the state’s Land Grant University and is one of only two universities in the U.S. to have Sea Grant, Space Grant and Sun Grant designations
- Oregon State is a highly rated public university. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 18,591 undergraduate students.
- The Oregon State acceptance rate is 81%. Popular majors include Computer Science, Human Development, and Business.
- The university currently offers more than 200 undergraduate-degree programs along with a variety of graduate and doctoral degrees.
- Student enrollment averages near 32,000, making it the state’s largest university.