Quick facts about Hofstra University:
- Hofstra University, founded in 1935, is a private institution that combines the resources of a world-class university with the intimacy of a small college.
- Hofstra University is a private university in Hempstead, New York. Long Island’s largest private university,
- The most popular majors at Hofstra University include: Finance, General; Psychology, General; Accounting; Marketing/Marketing Management, General; and Radio, Television, and Digital Communication.
- Hofstra offers more than 140 academic areas of study, more than 120 student organizations, 500 cultural and entertainment events throughout the year, and Division I athletics.
- Hofstra’s 238-acre campus is located in Hempstead, 25 miles east of New York City.
- Hofstra is noted for a series of prominent presidential conferences and hosting several United States presidential debates