Quick facts about George Mason University:
- George Mason University was founded in 1957 as a branch campus of the University of Virginia. It is named for statesman and patriot George Mason.
- Mason’s student community represents 130 different countries.
- 80% of Mason students are employed within six months of graduation.
- S. News & World Report named Mason the nation’s number one university to watch on its first list of up-and-coming schools in 2008, and Mason still maintains a spot on that list.
- The most popular majors at George Mason University include: Criminal Justice/Police Science; Psychology, General; Information Technology; Biology/Biological Sciences, General; and Management Sciences and Quantitative Methods,
- With a GPA of 3.65, George Mason University requires you to be above average in your high school class. You’ll need at least a mix of A’s and B’s, with more A’s than B’s.