Quick facts about Texas A&M University:
- Texas A&M University, which opened in 1876 as the first public institution of higher learning in the Lone Star state, has the second largest student population in the country.
- Most people don’t know that Texas A&M is actually the oldest higher education institution in the Texas.
- Reveille holds the highest ranking of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, a student military organization.
- Texas A&M notes that although the school “is best known for its business, agriculture, and engineering programs, A&M has one of the country’s largest programs in recreation, park and tourism management.
- The school boasts an 82% graduation rate.
- Texas A&M is a land-grant, sea-grant and space grant institution. It was among the first four universities to hold the triple designation.
- Texas A&M University defines its purpose by six core values: Excellence, Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service.