Quick facts about James Madison University:
- The most popular majors at James Madison University include: Health Professions and Related Programs; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs; Social Sciences; and Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities.
- There are 72 undergraduate degree programs offered and 40 master’s degree programs offered by JMU
- The total enrollment of students at JMU is a whopping 20,855 as of fall 2014 and over 10,000 are women.
- Three of the last, largest Chestnut trees in North America are located on the Quad, right outside of Jackson Hall.
- With a GPA of 3.55, JMU requires you to be around average in your high school class. You’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, and very few C’s. If you have a lower GPA, you can compensate with harder courses like AP or IB classes.
- Number 1 Best College for Employment in Virginia according to U.S. Department of Education statistics compiled by Zippia. JMU has the highest post-graduation job levels of all Virginia colleges.