BIMM Institute opens the doors to the music industry. We encourage creative freedom, provide real-world industry experiences and build a community across our eight colleges in the UK, Germany and Ireland.
BIMM is located at some of the most diverse and creative cities across the UK and Europe: London, Brighton, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol (UK), Berlin, Hamburg (Germany), and Dublin (Ireland). Students have the option to study their course in more than one city (UK & Germany).
Students are given access to unrivalled industry connections, experienced lecturers who live and breathe the world of music and the chance to choose from specialist courses such as Performance, Song writing, Music Production, Event Management, Music Marketing, Media and Communication and Music Business – as well as joint honours degrees like Music Performance & Music Production and Song writing & Music Business.
For over 35 years, BIMM students have turned their passions into their career. We have some incredible alumni like George Ezra, James Bay, Ella Mai, Fontaines D.C., The Kooks and Natasha Bent who walked through BIMM’s doors and into the music industry.
- Location: BIMM is located at some of the most diverse and creative cities across the UK and Europe: London, Brighton, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol (UK), Berlin, Hamburg (Germany), and Dublin (Ireland). Students have the option to study their course in more than one city (UK & Germany).
- Unique courses: Designed and developed in conjunction with the music industry. This ensures that what you learn while studying with us is 100% relevant for when you make the move into the workplace.
- Expert lecturers: BIMM Lecturers are all creative professionals still active in the industry today.
- Personal Tutor Program: BIMM Lecturers providing individual student support.
- The BIMM Mentor Scheme: Support from recent BIMM Alumni in your first year.
- Networking: Masterclasses and industry events with the world’s tops music professionals and employers.
- Talent Match: A free service for music industry employers which sources new talent (BIMM Graduates) for the creative industries.
- BIMM Extra: Learn more skills over five weekly sessions. Subjects include: Pro Tools/Logic for Beginners, Social Media Marketing, Branding, Bookkeeping, Essential Digital Visual Software, Working the Press and International Music and Business for no additional cost.
- BIMM Connect: Social networking platform for BIMM community of music students and graduates.
- Real Experience: In addition to inside BIMM, students have the opportunity to perform/work at famous music venues and festivals around the UK and Europe.
- BIMM Study Exchange: Students can complete their music course in two different European cities by splitting their studies across two of our BIMM colleges in London, Berlin, Hamburg, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol or Birmingham.