Studies in Beautiful Scotland
- A few words about Scotland
- Scotland was voted the world’s most beautiful country in the world by Rough Guide readers in 2017.
- Lakes, Castles and wild beaches, along with sights are an ideal destination for tourism.
- The Scots are famous for their hospitality.
- Based on statistics, Scottish residents have the highest educational level in EU countries.
- More than 50,000 students from 185 countries choose to study in Scotland each year.
- In cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow there are excellent Universities.
- Universities provide very high-level study programs and maintain a tradition of outstanding academic honors.
- The prospective student who will eventually choose to study at one of the 15 Universities will gain a significant experience of knowledge, practice and life that will lead to a remarkable and successful professional career in Cyprus, Greece and abroad.
- It is consistently the second most popular tourist destination in Great Britain after London.
- The city is charming and has been described as “Athens of the North”.
- The masterful architecture of the buildings and the rich history of the city fascinate people.
- The city center is amazing and worth walking for hours.
- Edinburgh’s musical and theatrical scenes host great international names during the year, as well as interesting small and experimental groups.
- Bus distances are close and are an advantage because you gain time during your stay.
- Studies in Edinburgh are qualitative and distinguishable.
- The University of Edinburgh, one of the oldest universities in Scotland, was founded in 1583, and is firmly one of the distinguished Universities of Great Britain.
- Student life is particularly intense and multidimensional due to the large number of Universities in the area.
- It is worth mentioning that 20% of the city’s population is between the ages of 18-24.
- You have access to excellent resources and facilities and an educational experience designed to unlock your full potential.
- You can choose from about 500 study programs, more than 300 graduate programs and 135 research fields covering a wide range of academic disciplines.
- Whatever you choose to study, you will benefit from the powerful research environment that updates our academic programs.
- The beauty of Glasgow is unique.
- It has a unique architecture, parks, museums, galleries, music scenes and operas.
- The Fine Arts School, Modern Art Gallery, Royal Theater (Opera), King’s Theater, are the most historic and emblematic buildings that make up the city.
- In addition, it consists of magnificent Victorian buildings.
- Scottish bands such as Simple Minds, Franz Ferdinand, Mogwai, Travis, Primal Scream, Belle and Sebastian etc come from Glasgow.
- It is a one-hour drive from the famous Edinburgh.
4) Tuition fees & scholarships
- Undergraduate Studies, Bachelor’s Degree
- They remain non-existent since they are covered by the Scottish State, and attendance is 4 years.
- The Free Tuition fees for EU students in Scotland were extended to the academic year 2019-2020.
- The Scottish Government has extended the free of charge guarantee for EU students to those starting from the academic year 2019 to 2020.
- It is the first Government in the United Kingdom to undertake such a commitment.
- Postgraduate Studies, Master Degree
- Depending on the chosen university and the field of study.
- They last from 12 to 24 months.
- There is the possibility of applying for a student loan.
- EU students studying in Scotland can apply for student loans from their funding body and receive the same level of funding from these sources.
- Universities offer scholarships and scholarships to help with the cost of tuition or living costs.
- The Global Team will be happy to assist you to get the available information for each University.
- At the student campus of the University
- In university student flats, or other flats outside the university.
6) DOATAP, Recognition of Title of Studies
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, as well as doctoral programs in the UK are automatically recognized by DOATAP.
7) The Scottish Universities are:
|City or Area|
|· University of Edinburgh
· University of Aberdeen
|· University of St. Andrews||· St. Andrews, Fife|
|· University of Dundee||· Dundee|
|· University of Glasgow||· Glasgow|
|· University of Herriot Watt||· Edinburgh|
|· University of Glasgow Caledonian||· Glasgow|
|· University of Stirling||· Stirling|
|· University of Strathclyde||· Glasgow|
|· University of Robert Gordon||· Aberdeen|
|· University of Aberday Dundee||· Dundee|
|· University of Queen Margaret||· Musselburgh East Lothian|
|· University of West of Scotland||· Dumfries|
|· University of the Highlands 1 Islands||· Highlands|